JOB: We're Hiring a New Coordinator!
As Coordinator, you’ll work to organize the winter sports community and help make its voice heard. Your job responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and Outreach: You will build a traditional and social media community among winter sports enthusiasts and snow lovers around the world, including high profile skiers and snowboarders, ski industry and environmental leaders, and others who are involved in the promotion of winter sports. You will organize people both online and offline through monthly action alerts, social media, volunteer recruitment campaigns, events, and providing other resources for ski and snowboarding activists. You also will develop and implement a marketing strategy to identify supporters for the organization through online and traditional outreach.
- Program Development: You will build a service, education, research and advocacy program to help skiers and snowboarders protect mountains and snow across the globe.
- Fundraising: In the course of your job, you will build a grassroots membership online and offline to raise money from individual donors. You will also raise grant funds from foundations and ski and winter sports industries.
- Organizational Management: You will manage the organization’s budget and finances, member services and relations, corporate legal issues, and more.
Snowriders International is seeking candidates who are as passionate about making an impact as they are about hitting the slopes. We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience in grassroots organizing, organization building, or a comparable activity, who are ready to commit their time, skills and passion to service and education on behalf of the winter sports community.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit;
- Flexibility, a problem solving orientation, a can-do attitude, and a strong work ethic;
- Top-notch writing and online outreach skills;
- The ability to work quickly, creatively, and independently, both proactively and in response to current events;
- Strong project management skills; and
- Passion for recruiting members, activists, and high-profile supporters.
The job is based in Los Angeles, CA or Denver, CO. We will consider other locations for the right candidate.
Compensation & Benefits:
Depending on experience, benefits may include health care coverage, educational loan assistance, a retirement plan, paid vacation and sick days, parental leave, and a dependent care assistance program. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available.
Snowriders International is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
Snowriders International will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.